|WikiProject New Zealand||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
--18.104.22.168 00:36, 29 June 2006 (UTC)Waikouaiti is a village in world terms. Not a lot to interest the world in general, although the fishing is almost world class.
One of you experts can decide when is the right time to stop calling the article a stub.:robinp 05:02, 19 Feb 2004 (UTC)
I Chose to add more information towards the waikouaiti page
Could someone please add a picture of waikouaiti
- I have some pictures of the area which I will scan and add to the article. --RobbieBurns (talk) 23:16, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
airport or airstrip
can anyone comment on the accuracy of the 2km airport? any objection to changing it to airstrip? moza 14:30, 6 March 2006 (UTC)
Waikouaiti...A Population of 5.7 Million residents??
This vandalism is very strange, especially all the effort that this person has gone through obviously. its quite funny as we have a large international airport according to wikipedia, 5.7 million people and several universitys/schools. also a large CBD? im sorry but where do I find all these sky scrapers that line the Waikouaiti River, Where do I find the 5 Runway International Airport with several terminals and many aircraft companies? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:36, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
I feel that there needs to be much more about Cherry Farm hospital as during my time in the area in the late 1970's early 80's its influence on the town was quite profound.--126.96.36.199 00:40, 29 June 2006 (UTC)
International Airport - yeah right
on ya Simon for killing that quick. what is it with the nutter that repeats the myth? the place is nice without an airport, an airport would spoil the remote beauty of the place, take away its special qualities. There are only a handful of int airports in nz and not many in th esth island for sure.moza 12:46, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
- and again, at least i get a laugh out of looking at the wierdness of it all, so funny.. we need more of that as well, but perhaps humour that can stay would be a good path for this contributor to take, but I am not gonna hold my breath.moza 04:13, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
- it is a strange form of vandalism. I wasn't logging into wikipedia for a few days so I missed the latest change for a bit. It might be a good excuse to followup on something that was discussed at the meetup. - SimonLyall 05:03, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
Will people just shut up about the dam fake airport already. Spookman123321 04:49, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
Waikouaiti International Airport???=
Stop talking like an idiot there is no dam airport. Spookman123321 04:46, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
A heap of this article is identical to http://www.teara.govt.nz/1966/W/Waikouaiti/Waikouaiti/en dated 1966, how are we looking on copyright infringment?Nankai 00:10, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
- You're right. The copyvio was introduced on 31 January 2006, so I've rolled back the article to that date. I'll selectively restore untainted sections.-gadfium 03:55, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
That bloody airport
I've never seen it. If it exists I suppose it deserves a mention. I just moved it down the page, I think it can be truthfully said to be of tertiary importance, after the road and railway. Nankai 07:07, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
- I've removed it. Civil aviation doesn't list it. It's just a bit of grass. The only reason it is mentioned at all is due to regular vandal. I'm sure every other town in NZ has a airstrip nearby but not worth mentioning it. - SimonLyall 11:25, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
good call Nankai 22:28, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
Should the red link Mainland Poultry be changed to Zeagold Foods? I made the original red link,. is there a time limit for if no-one writes a redlinked article that you unwikify the words?Nankai 07:09, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
- I see no other article links to either Mainland Poultry or Zeagold Foods, and it's a small business by international standards, so I think unlinking it would be sensible.-gadfium 07:59, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
This article generally speaking
In a nutshell, .
On the good news front, some sort of big Community Profile is being written by local community group POWA it'll be pdfed on the web and might be a valuable source of references.Nankai 07:12, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
This article is one of a number selected for the early stage of the trial of the Wikipedia:Pending Changes system on the English language Wikipedia. All the articles listed at Wikipedia:Pending changes/Queue are being considered for level 1 pending changes protection.
The following request appears on that page:
|Many of the articles were selected semi-automatically from a list of indefinitely semi-protected articles.|
Please confirm that the protection level appears to be still warranted, and consider unprotecting instead, before applying pending changes protection to the article.
Comments on the suitability of theis page for "Pending changes" would be appreciated.
Please update the Queue page as appropriate.
Note that I am not involved in this project any much more than any other editor, just posting these notes since it is quite a big change, potentially
- The article is semi-protected due to a pest who occasionally changes it to look like a major city (with a population greater than that of New Zealand). The pest is unlikely to edit within any given two month period, so this does not appear to me to be a reasonable candidate for the trial of pending changes. More appropriate candidates for the PC trial which are of interest to New Zealand editors would be John Key or New Zealand.-gadfium 06:27, 17 June 2010 (UTC)