It's completely wrong that this page redirects to Wikipedia:Copyrights. It should contain an article on the GNU FDL (and it needs to be unprotected for that). However, we link here from the bottom of every page -- that needs to be fixed! If it's Wikipedia:Copyrights that we want, then we need to go directly there, not to a page in the article namespace. -- Toby Bartels 15:40 30 May 2003 (UTC)
- I agree with both those statements - hopefully someone can change the bit at the bottom of every page.
- A while ago I meant to look for links to this page and fix them, but I forgot. Martin 15:43 30 May 2003 (UTC)
Have i (????) to fix this? Why the page is protected, if it redirect to a wrong page?
E devo venire io a mettere le cose a posto? O_o Perchè sta pagina è protetta?
- I have fixed the redirect. I will see if I should remove the protection too. Perche parli in Italiano? E una pagina nella wikipedia inglese. Dori | Talk 17:25, Dec 11, 2003 (UTC)
- Nah, probably shouldn't. --snoyes 17:15, 11 Dec 2003 (UTC)
- You're right snoyes, it shouldn't. See Wikipedia:Protected_page, and Wikipedia_talk:Protected_page section redirects_to_GFDL. Actually it should redirect to Wikipedia:Text of the GNU Free Documentation License Dori | Talk 17:20, Dec 11, 2003 (UTC)
The text at the bottom of every page now points directly to the Wikipedia:copyrights page, so once the cache is updated, the redirect from here will no longer be needed, nor will the page protection. However, please don't edit it until the cache is updated, as currently anons still see the link to this page. Angela. 09:44, 3 Jan 2004 (UTC)