Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Prefecture||Hokkaido (Sorachi Subprefecture)|
|• Mayor||Masafumi Yoshioka|
|• Total||78.69 km2 (30.38 sq mi)|
(September 30, 2016)
|• Density||220/km2 (580/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
|City hall address||1-1 Kita San-chōme, Nishi Roku-jō, Sunagawa-shi, Hokkaido|
- 1890 - Nae Village founded.
- 1895 - Nae Village Office opened.
- 1897 - Utashinai Village splits off .
- 1902 - Nae becomes a Second Class Municipality.
- 1903 - Nae Village becomes Sunagawa Village.
- 1907 - Sunagawa becomes a First Class Municipality.
- 1923 - Sunagawa Village becomes Sunagawa Town.
- 1944 - Naie Village splits off.
- 1949 - Kamisunagawa Town splits off.
- July 1, 1958 - Sunagawa Town becomes Sunagawa City.
- Hokkaido Sunagawa High School.
- Hakodate Main Line : Toyonuma - Sunagawa
- Hokkaidō Expressway : Naie-Sunagawa IC (Naie) - Sunanaga SA - Takikawa IC (Takikawa)
Notable people from Sunagawa, Hokkaido
- Junichi Watanabe (1933–2014), Japanese writer and doctor
- Mitsuya Nagai (born 1968), Japanese mixed martial artist, kickboxer and professional wrestler (Real Name: Hirokazu Nagai, Nihongo: 長井 弘和, Nagai Hirokazu)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunagawa, Hokkaidō.|
- Official Website (in Japanese)
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|