|Founded||1998 (as LAN Perú)|
May 5, 2016 (as LATAM Perú)
|Hubs||Jorge Chávez International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||LATAM Pass|
|Alliance||Oneworld (2002-2020; affiliate)|
|Parent company||LATAM Airlines Group|
|Key people||Manuel Van Oordt|
LATAM Perú, formerly LAN Perú S.A. is an airline based in Lima, Peru. It is a subsidiary of LATAM Airlines Group (NYSE: LFL), which owns 49% of the airline. It operates scheduled domestic and international services. Its main hub is Jorge Chávez International Airport. LATAM Perú is the dominant airline in Peru, controlling 73.4% of the domestic market.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The airline was established in July 1998 in Lima by the entrepreneurs Mr. Boris Hirmas Rubio, Lorenzo Sousa Debarbieri, Cristian Said and Dr Javier Rodriguez Larrain. Operations began on July 2, 1999 with domestic services from Jorge Chávez International Airport to Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport, Cusco and Rodriguez Ballon International Airport, Arequipa. Its launch marked the reappearance of a major national airline in Peru after the demise of Aeroperú, Faucett Perú and others. An international service to Miami International Airport was added on November 15, 1999. It became a subsidiary of LAN Airlines in September 2002, owned by LAN Airlines (49%), ER Larraín (30%) and Inversiones Aéreas (21%) and has 1,500 employees.
In 2004 it was incorporated into LAN Airlines holding with the change of the name of the parent company.
In 2008 the airline transported about 3.5 million passengers, with 2.9 million in the domestic market.
In October 2009, the airline received authorization to provide aircraft maintenance services.
LATAM Perú has codeshare agreements with the following airlines:
The LATAM Perú fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of October 2019):
LATAMPASS is LATAM Perú's Frequent Flyer Program, shared with the parent company LATAM Airlines. There are currently over two million members in Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Canada and the United States.
The LATAMPASS Program has four membership categories:
- Premium (Oneworld Ruby)
- Premium Silver (Oneworld Sapphire)
- Commodore (Oneworld Emerald)
- "Details | oneworld". www.oneworld.com. Retrieved 2020-02-14.
- "Directory: World Airlines." Flight International. March 23–29, 2004. "Lan Peru" 98.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 104.
- http://www.aeronoticias.com.pe/noticiero/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2173&Itemid=56 Aeronoticias del Peru, news site about Peruvian aviation news (in Spanish)
- "DOT Approves WestJet–LATAM Peru Codeshare Agreement". Aviation Week. Archived from the original on 2016-11-04. Retrieved 2016-11-04.
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part Two)". Airliner World (November 2016): 28.
- Terms and Conditions Of the LANPASS frequent flyer program Archived 2012-09-07 at Archive.today
- LAN Oneworld Tier Status
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LAN Peru.|